Sunday, December 26, 2010

Preparing for our Baby Boy

Oh, how the weeks are passing by quickly. It feels like just yesterday we were telling friends and family about the exciting news that we are adding to our family. And now with only 4 weeks left before my due date, I have a mix of excitement and shock that our little peanut is going to be here before we know it.

It's obvious that I'm in the mood to prepare for BB to join our family in the coming weeks. Along with the obvious preparations like buying diapers, I've been in full nesting mode, which means a long honey-do list of projects that never seem to end. 

Thankfully I have a very supportive and patient Hubby who has been willing to spend our free time helping me reorganize our house, fill the stroller tires with air, and even change light fixtures that probably don't need to be done before BB joins us. Oh, the joys of having a pregnant wife. Hubby's been such a trooper!

With my long torso, our little BB has kept himself hidden well in my tummy throughout the pregnancy. But now he's making himself known. Even though I'm excited to have my baby bump be more like a baby watermelon,  my body has been definitely starting to feel a lot more pregnant in the past few weeks. 

I've been moving a bit slower and bending over has become a chore, as I carry something the size of a cantaloupe in my belly (according to babycenter.com, he could be a little over 5 lbs already). Even getting out of our king-size bed has become a humorous affair each morning, as I shift my weight like a walrus toward the edge of the bed and Hubby gives me a gentle push to help me free myself from the pillows and bedding that have cushioned my night's sleep. 

It's obvious that our baby boy is growing, as you can see from his mommy's expanding tummy. But all that growth (and movement) just means that he's getting ready to join us soon - and we can't wait!


As we complete the honey-do list and finish off the last minute details in BB's nursery, I'll be sure to post more pictures.

Until then, for the most recent "baby bump" pictures, check out the Pregnancy Progression photo album.

No comments: