The title of this post is two-fold. #1 - because it's been 10 days since we've welcomed the newest member to our family, and yet I haven't blogged about it until now - just a little late. #2 - because our precious little bundle didn't join our family on her due date, like expected, and was 2 days 'late.'
Regardless of when she joined us, our little "Peanut" made her debut on June 12 at 5:55 a.m. with a few short cries and then wide eyes and a quiet spirit as she took in the world around her. She weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces (the exact weight of CB when he was born) and was 19.5 inches long.
For those interested in the story of her debut....
Peanut was due on June 10, which is when we expected her to join our family, since CB was born on his due date, and so was I. Being the planner that I am and knowing that my mom was coming to visit for a week after the due date, we scheduled an induction in the off chance that the baby didn't arrive on schedule. Sure enough, June 10, came and went and no baby.
My mom flew into town on June 11 and that evening, Hubby and I headed into the hospital for my induction. I was already having contractions 5-8 minutes apart, so I knew it wouldn't take much to progress my labor. They got me all set up and started the induction process a little before midnight (thinking it would take all night for things to kick in).
From what I had heard (and experienced), there's a lot more pain that
comes from being induced rather than going into labor naturally. And it's definitely true. By 2:00 a.m. I was progressing quite fast and got a much needed epidural (Praise God for the invention of such a drug!). So much for sleeping through the night during the induction process!
Just like last time, it didn't take long (couple of hours) and they were calling the doc into the room for Peanut's grand entrance. Thank goodness he only lives 5 minutes away! Peanut was sunny side up (facing the wrong direction to come out), so the doc had a little maneuvering to do. After 15 minutes of pushing, and the doc removing a loose umbilical cord around our little girl's neck, we heard the cutest little cry ever.
Our tiny little miss was wide eyed and had the cutest pouty lip sticking out.
Just like last time, Hubby was an incredible support throughout the process. Especially with the labor going through the middle of the night and us both getting little sleep. His role was the toughest, since he was full-time hubby supporting me in the hospital, while also being full-time daddy to CB as he'd go back and forth from the hospital and home.
I spent the next day and a half at the hospital, soaking in the room service, getting visitors from friends and the fam and recouping a bit. But I was eager to get home in my own bed.
Here's a few pics from the hospital.
| First family of four photo |
| Cuddly after her first bath |
| Three generations of women together |
| Proud Daddy |
| Ready to head home |
| "Look mom, I'm so tiny that my newborn shorts are pants!" |
| Ready for her first car ride. |
And more to come on how CB reacted to meeting his sister for the first time...
1 comment:
So sweet! Thanks for updating us!
Post a Comment