Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

Over this past weekend, I've had the chance to sit back and reflect on all I am thankful for. I'm sure you did the same, as you were seated around the Thanksgiving table with family and friends. 

When I was younger, my dad would put 3 pieces of candy corn on each Thanksgiving plate. As we sat down for the meal, we would go around the table and say 3 things we were thankful for - one for each piece of candy. Once we said what we were thankful for, we could eat the candy. Then we started our meal.

Once a year doesn't seem often enough for us to step back and take time to count our blessings. And I'm definitely thankful for more than just 3 things! I really should reflect on things I'm thankful for on a more regular basis. This is something I know I need to be better at.

As I continue to work on thanking God and praising Him for the everyday stuff, here's my reflective list of what I'm thankful for this year:
  • God - Ephesians 2:8, enough said.
  • Hubby - for his never ending love and adoration for me and our son
  • CB - healthy, energetic and turning out to me more like his mother each and every day
  • Family - all kinds, across the globe
  • Friends - near and far
  • A home
  • Food on the table each meal - especially Taco Saturday
  • A job that provides for our family
  • Cars that work and get us everywhere
  • Music - both singing and listening to it
  • Computers - shallow as this may be, it makes my life WAY easier 
  • Skype - that enables us to communicate with the friends and family, near and far
  • Coke Zero and Instant Oatmeal - my breakfast of champions 
  • Sour Dough Bread - my token gift I bring Hubby when I travel for work. It makes my absence less traumatic for him

And I'm thankful for you, my readers. I truly don't know who all reads my blog. But if you're out there reading my blathering, then I'm completely thankful that you care enough to continue.

Thank you.

1 comment:

JackyJo said...

I don't read every day, but catch up on the weekends. I love to hear what's new & see your pictures! I'm thankful for your friendship to my daughter.
Hugs,
Jackie (Lachlan's grandma)