Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day Out with Mom (and Dad)

Work's been a little busy lately. I consider it a good thing because I love my job and love the people I work with - plus it puts food on our table. But at the same time, it's meant late nights working and not as much one-on-one time with CB (or Hubby). 

Family comes first in my world, even though it can be hard for me to step away from work emails and phone calls. I continually struggle with finding work-life balance. To help ensure I was putting my first priority in the right spot, I took a 1/2-day off work and went out on the town with my boys.

We recently had gotten season passes to the local aquarium. So we made sure to fit in a visit to the otters, penguins and sharks - some of CB's favorite attractions.
Watching the sharks at the local aquarium.

Additionally, CB had never been to the local kid's museum, so we took him there too. 
Discovering the little kid veggie garden at the museum.

Playing in the water at the museum. Dad helped.
 

Using his first hand dryer.

Playing with the big-kid cogs and gears at the museum.

Though he's still a little small for some of the attractions at both the museum and aquarium, there are a lot of things that captured our little man's attention. And it was fun to be there in person while he explored. As I expected, it was totally worth stepping away from my desk.

No comments: