Friday, July 29, 2011

6 Months!

Our doctor told us that 6 months old is the best age. Considering that I only have 5 other months to compare it to, I totally agree with him. 

CB has been becoming more fun with each new stage and way bigger than our little 5 1/2 pounder we brought home from the hospital. He's now 15 lbs 10 ounces and 27 inches long. You read that right... 27 inches! Though his weight is in the 15th percentile, his height is in the 62nd percentile - one long little string bean. And now that he's 6 months old, he's not only growing up before our eyes, he's starting to show his personality too.


He coos, laughs, jabbers, and is way more interactive. He rolls from his stomach to his back, which I think he's really proud of considering how much he hates tummy time. He's almost ready to sit up on his own, if he'd just stop flailing. Oh, did I mention that he never stops moving? 

Our little man was kicking non-stop even before he was born - and he hasn't stopped. He's constantly kicking, smacking his feet against the floor, rolling from side to side on his back and is just plain active.  In fact, he even kicks the high chair while he's being fed.


Thankfully, he does slow down enough to go to sleep. He's still sleeping great through the night and is down to two long naps during the day. He continues to amaze Hubby and I at his flexibility and relaxed personality that goes with the flow and puts up with his parent's busy schedules. He's used to going on hikes, being in the church nursery, staying with different baby sitters, heading out to the store, and the list goes on. Maybe that's where he gets his active lifestyle?


For more photos of CB, visit the Photo Gallery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he will be getting teeth pretty soon, and all that blonde hair! What a darling!

Pugh Family said...

Just when I think Charlie cannot get any cuter, he proves me wrong! He's is such a doll -- yes, a doll, Aaron :) I love hearing how he's growing and changing. Great update!