Christmas cards with kids are definitely more difficult than I thought they would be. Now I'm not talking about ordering the Christmas card and getting them mailed - though that can be a adventure all on it's own with kids. I'm more speaking to the pressure we put on ourselves to include a family picture with the yearly greeting we send friends and family.
This year has been a bit more hectic than most for our family (schedules, new kid, etc.), and I realized we didn't have time for an official family photo together. So I had the brilliant idea to take pictures of the kids alone this year - holding J-O-Y - that I could put on a Christmas card. It sounds innocent, right? Well we did it...
But after taking 200+ photos in our living room. My cute, mischievous, restless, squirmy children made our Christmas card photo project much more of an adventure than I was anticipating. CB loved the idea of sitting on a chair in our living room to get his photo taken. Though positioning the "J" he was holding, was quite the feat (no pun intended).
On the other hand, he wasn't amused when his sister was given the letter "Y" and had a photoshoot all to herself. We had to actually distract him and get him out of the room to get these shots. Heaven forbid that his sister get to play with something without sharing.
The best part of the photoshoot was pairing them up together. They're still getting used to the whole brother-sister thing and it was obvious by their interactions in front of the camera.
Regardless of the number of images we shot that day of these two cute kids, I have to say that it made for some fun memories with the two of them. I loved capturing their interactions together. Even though they're still learning how to love each other and share (the limelight... objects... attention from mom and dad...), these two are such a JOY to us each day and we thank God for His entrusting these two to us.

No comments:
Post a Comment