Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peanut WAS 5 months old

Okay, so this post is about a month late. But I need to post about Peanut being 5 months old before I can post her 6 month pics - so you'll have to put up with this busy mama and her belated blog posts. 

I'm thankful my lack in blogging doesn't reflect on how much I love that girl - in fact, it's the opposite. Most often when I return home after a busy day at work, the last thing I want to do is spend my evening blogging about my baby. Instead I'd rather sit with her and make her giggle, watch her brother entertain her and help with her nightly bedtime routine. 



But enough about me - this post is about Peanut. 



She continues to amaze us with her good nature, happy attitude and good sleep and eating habits. During her fifth month with us she started sleeping longer during the nights - think 8:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. That's 12 hours people! This makes mommy and daddy SUPER happy. 



She also started eating rice cereal (which I blogged about here). She's a hands-on eater, meaning she loves to pull her hands and bib up to her mouth while eating, so it makes it an adventure to keep most of the cereal in her mouth. She's also tried a variety of fruits and veggies and has graduated to eating oatmeal instead of rice cereal - because seriously, who really likes the taste of rice cereal?



The best part about month 5 was the discovery of movement from our little girl. All of a sudden she was sticking her feet in her mouth, scooting around on the ground and eventually rolling around. She still isn't quite quick enough to roll out of her older brothers way when he's cruising around the house. But she's a tough little girl who can handle her brother's wild movements.



Probably the most exciting thing that took place during Peanut's 5th month was that we dedicated her to the Lord. For those of you not familiar with this, it's our way of publicly declaring that we plan to raise Peanut in an environment that will encourage her to have a personal relationship with Jesus. It doesn't solidify her salvation - but is a promise as parents for us to do everything we can to introduce her to the saving grace offered to us by Jesus' death on the cross.



What made this moment even that much more precious, was the fact that we got to share it with dear friends, who's son Lachlan (a miracle boy), is in-between Peanut and CB in age. Such a tender and important moment to share with such close friends.



No comments: