Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Day in the Life of Barbie

I'm not insinuating that I look like Barbie. I'm FAR from her measurements, her wardrobe and always perfect hair. But I totally had a day this week where I felt like Barbie: Mom Barbie, Work Barbie and Gala Barbie.

Mom Barbie
I started my day working from home. Prior to jumping on my laptop with my head down in emails, I slipped into my comfy jeans and t-shirt and ate my breakfast. When I work from home - I truly work from home, so Hubby doesn't get much access to me to help with CB. Except for one thing. My morning was greeted by a poopy diaper - my one parent-duty (no pun intended) when working from home. Mom Barbie to the rescue!


Work Barbie
Once entrenched in my work, I realized that I had to be downtown for a work luncheon. So wardrobe change #2 was made into a business suit and I quickly transformed into official Work Barbie. By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I appreciate the fact that my office doesn't require business attire. It's rare that I have to put on a suit (unlike my last job) and my standard work attire usually consists of jeans and a nice top. Love that!

The business lunch was good - fun times, met some new people. Then I headed back home to finish off my day's work.

This is the professional photo from my last job. Notice the suit. I don't miss this part.
Gala Barbie
Now this is where I really felt like Barbie. In the evening, I had a grand opening gala at a local museum that I needed to attend for work. It's was a black tie affair. Thankfully, I was able to borrow an amazing dress from a girlfriend so that wardrobe change #3 could even happen. But I needed a date willing to dress in a tux. 

Now pause for a second.... my Ken doll (aka Hubby) didn't even wear a suit for our wedding, so I was impressed and swept off my feet when he agreed to go with me and wear a tux! So with him dressed to impress, and me in my formal wear, we left CB with a sitter and headed downtown to paint the town. 

The museum was fun and the food was outrageous (I think we ate some wild boar), but the best part was having my Ken doll by my side.

No comments: