I was truly humbled today. Now let me start first by saying that I realize I don't use this blog very often for self reflection - or to list off how I've failed. And I struggle continually to be 100% transparent with how imperfect I am. But today I had an experience that truly humbled me.
I'll cut to the chase - I locked myself out of the house with CB inside. Now before you get too worried, he was in his crib the whole time. He had been down for his nap for 1-2 hours an was just waking up when I decided to take the trash out. I has double locked the doors the night before with Hubby being out of town and didn't realize the handle lock was still engaged when I walked out.
What's crazy is that just before this point, I was so proud of myself for being super-mom while Hubby was away. I had everything under control and was rockin' the whole mommy-thing. I was teaching CB to eat with a spoon, he was learning where his nose is and we were making tons of memories together. During his nap times I was catching up with work on my laptop, working on CB's baby book, picking up the house, taking out trash - all while being 36 weeks pregnant. I was super-mom.
And then an epic fail.
As I sat out on my front stoop of my house, waiting for a locksmith (Praise! I had my phone with to call a locksmith), and thanking God for a little boy that doesn't know how to climb out of his crib, I was reminded of how imperfect I am and how I'm NOT in control of the things in my life. Haven't I learned this lesson before? Apparently I needed reminding today.
Praise God for many blessings in the situation, including a fairly quick locksmith. I was back in the house within a half hour, greeted by a smiling little boy who had thrown all his stuffed animals and blankets out of the crib and was playing with the curtains he just recently discovered he could open. It was like he was saying, "Hi Mom! Look what I did while you were away. Aren't you proud? Hey- why are you crying? I was just having fun in here."
No comments:
Post a Comment