I love when timing works out. For instance, while my mom-in-law was in town recently, my friends hosted a baby shower for me at a fun local bakery called "Sweet Tooth Fairy." I was so thankful to have my mom-in-law there, along with all my friends. I'm sure I've said this a million times - and I can't say it enough - I have the best girlfriends and mom-in-law! These super fun women continue to show me unconditional love and I'll never stop thanking God for His putting them in my life.
So with mom-in-law in tow, and my awesome girlfriends by my side - the shower would be considered a success. But the shower was above anything I could have even imagined - it was A-MAZ-ING. If you haven't been to this bakery, you need to try it out. Their cake bites are yummy, their cupcakes are great - pretty much everything rocks!
Not only was the location fantastic. But my friend Jess did an incredible job of putting some thoughtful details into the experience that were memory making. First start with the theme: Scrabble. As many of you know from a previous post, my folks took a picture of me in a Scrabble box when I was a baby, and we did the same thing with CB when he was first born. So brilliant Jess, featured pictures of baby me and baby Charlie in our Scrabble boxes, along with Baby Girl's ultrasound on the main table as you walk in.
But that's not all - she even made a Scrabble coaster that matched the theme.
And then made Scrabble necklace charms as favors that had each guests initial on it, along with a fun hodge-podged design on it and topped it off with a super cool Bible verse. The charms all hung from a really fun plant on the main table.
Next were the games. Of course one was Scrabble themed! She had each table pull Scrabble tiles and come up with girl name ideas for me. At the end, each table had to get up and read off their name ideas. Our table was lacking some really good vowels, so I have to say some of the other tables were a little more creative than we were.
| Scrabble game in action. Notice the Scrabble tiled "Celebrate Baby Girl" wall hanging. :) |
| Me and Mom-in-Law brilliantly working away |
| Reading off our name ideas |
Lastly, was the showering. As always with my girlfriends, I was overwhelmed by their generosity. With such a need for girl clothes, this shower was again, A-MAZ-ING. Girl clothes, hair bows, girly sandals, pink toys and blankets and the list goes on. I didn't know how I'd feel with switching from truck t-shirts and converse shoes, to pink headbands. But seeing all the cute girl stuff definitely got me excited to welcome Baby Girl into the world. I went home with way more than I could have ever expected.
| The loot. |
Thanks again, Jess and girls for making me feel so special (as always). I love having you in my life and thank God for you every day.
2 comments:
What a fun day! I was so honored to have the opportunity to do my best to bless you as you've blessed our family this past year. We can't wait to celebrate Baby Girl's arrival (well, yes we can...she can stay put until June 10th-ish). Xoxo
this looks amazing! great job jess! VERY creative and sad i had to miss it! xo
Post a Comment