Friday, May 4, 2012

One Night of Luxury

A life of luxury doesn't pass by our doorstep everyday (or year, or decade). But through a nice perk from my work, we were able to spend one night in a hotel that's considered the most expensive luxury hotel in the U.S. - St. Regis Hotel in Deer Valley.

And yes, we took CB. Now before I get into the details of our fun getaway, I know you're all asking yourselves, "Why did they bring their 15 month old along with them to a nice place like that?" To be honest, I wanted him there. I love that kid, and truly don't get enough time with him when I'm working so much. This getaway, wasn't just time for me and Hubby. This getaway was for us as a family before Baby Girl joins us. And to make some memories together. And memories we did make.

First, as we drove up to the bottom of the resort, we were greeted by the valet.

Then we took the "Funacular" - their tram system - up to the main resort. CB did a good job holding on - we didn't even ask him to. I think he just liked pulling on the thing hanging from the ceiling.


This places' customer service is amazing. At guest registration, they asked if we wanted a turn down service and then once they had our key ready, the attendant came out from behind the desk to hand me our key. I don't remember Super 8 doing that!

Once we checked into our room, we were able to take in a great view of the mountains and the pool area.


The room itself was all ready for us. It had an entry way, large bathroom, King bed with headboard lamps built in, iPod home - basically the works. 


We also had a crib waiting for us, that included a blanket, a Johnson&Johnson baby pack and a note about how to use the crib.


The great thing about this hotel room was the bathroom. Outfitted with a full bath, glass door shower, TV-in-mirror and phone in the toilet room, it was like an entirely different room. So we officially designated the bathroom as CB's room. And yes, it was big enough for the crib.


Now let me take just a quick step back in time for a sec. A few weeks back we went and stayed at a hotel with CB. There were only two spots for his pack-n-play - by the door, or by the window near our bed - both locations in the same room as Hubby and I. We first tried by the door, but with the noisy hallways, CB wasn't digging it. So he ended up being by the window, which meant closer to us. Which also meant that we couldn't easily watch TV or talk until he was fast asleep. Not convenient.

Fast forward to our experience at St. Regis, where his crib fit into the bathroom and we all had a very delightful evening. CB slept pretty decent on his own. And we enjoyed putting him down to sleep, so we could watch TV, talk and spend time together as a couple. Super cool.

The next morning we woke up and ordered room service - not a normal occurrence for our family. And it was obvious by CB's excitement. This was his first room service experience, but I think he liked more the fact that we were letting him eat in bed with no bib. Who needs a luxury hotel for that!


Overall, the experience was a nice relaxing getaway for our family - and definitely one we won't get very often. It was good making some memories with the boys. So whether it's in a five-star hotel, or on a picnic blanket in our backyard, I'm excited about making even more memories with them, and adding Baby Girl to the mix in 5 short weeks.

No comments: