As some of you know, I'm preparing to go through my labor naturally. Hubby and I have even taken some natural birthing classes to prepare us for having an unmedicated birth.
Now that being said, I'm not against medication during labor. In fact, I'm actually open to the idea. And if things get too intense for me during labor I'll be completely open to adding medication into my experience.
My reasons for going natural are multi-fold - I know that God has created a woman's body to know how to naturally birth a baby and that we have instincts that will help us move the process along in a natural and safe way, and I want to experience that if possible. I've also been told that recovery is a lot better with natural births. Most importantly, I want to prepare myself to know how to handle an unmedicated birth in the instance where I don't have the option of medication (labor comes along too fast, etc).
Now that being said, I'm not against medication during labor. In fact, I'm actually open to the idea. And if things get too intense for me during labor I'll be completely open to adding medication into my experience.
My reasons for going natural are multi-fold - I know that God has created a woman's body to know how to naturally birth a baby and that we have instincts that will help us move the process along in a natural and safe way, and I want to experience that if possible. I've also been told that recovery is a lot better with natural births. Most importantly, I want to prepare myself to know how to handle an unmedicated birth in the instance where I don't have the option of medication (labor comes along too fast, etc).
As part of preparing to go natural, one of my girlfriends passed along some scripture that can be use during labor and delivery, in order to focus on something other than the pain. Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to use these or not, I thought I would pass along some of them for any other women interested.
I give my body to God because of all He has done for me. It will be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. -Romans 12:1
I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. -Psalm 34:4
For God has not given me a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline. -2 Timothy 1:7
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts our fear. -1 John 4:18
God will not forget the expectant mothers and women about to give birth. A great company will return! Tears of joy will stream down my face, and He will lead me home with great care. I will walk beside quiet streams and not stumble. -Jeremiah 31:8-9
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty (whose power no foe can withstand). I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge, and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely and in Him I (confidently) trust! -Psalm 91:1-2
These Bible verses (and the 3 other pages of verses I received from my girlfriend) are such an encouragement, regardless of what we're going through. How great to know that we have a God that is so powerful that we can take refuge in Him and He will deliver us from our fears.
3 comments:
You can do it girl!!! I remember cursing Eve, when I was in labor with H! But the pain was so worth it! I can't wait to hear the birth story of your little man! Reading your blog, shows me more and more how a like we are... wish we could have been friends in the same city longer : ) Yay for blogs helping keep us connected!! I will be praying for a safe labor and delivery!
Blessings,
Kel
Great verses! We are almost there! I agree, I think our bodies were designed for this...we're capable of so much more than we think we are. That said, pain meds aren't the end of the world either. :) You're in my prayers!
Hi Kel,
Oh, how I wish we could have lived in the same place longer too! I love keeping up with your blog - you continue to encourage me with your posts on parenting and marriage. Though we're hours apart, I'm so thankful for your friendship.
Love,
H
Post a Comment